1. The Cambodia Tourism Conference (CTC)
The Cambodia Tourism Conference is the biggest annual gathering of Tourism sectors aimed at continuing linkages between the private sector and the government. It was envisioned that the Conference be participated in by key government officials and tourism business leaders to exchange views on the tourism, economy and formulate policy recommendations.
2. General Membership Meeting (GMM)
The General Membership Meetings (GMMs) is the premium venues for business networking and updating on current tourism -related issues and topics. These provide opportunities for members to meet and listen, as well as to discuss and exchange views with Government representatives and keynote speakers from tourism, trade and industry.
3. Advocacy Information Seminar (AIS)
These have evolved through close co-operation with various CATA standing committees and affiliated tourism organizations that covered a wide range of subjects and specific issues. The Purpose of these seminars is to disseminate the latest travel & tourism information to members, as well as draw valuable inputs and feedback from them.
4. Fellowship/Special Events (FSE)
The Fellowship/Special Events provide opportunities for members and new member to meet socially, exchange cards, discuss business, make new contacts at decision-maker level and meet potential customers and suppliers.
5. Human Resource & Training Development Seminars (HRD)
For its continuous commitment of providing good and quality services for CATA members, the CATA's Training and Development Unit, organizes and conducts training development seminars.
1. Representation in Government Policy-Making Bodies
In recognition of its leadership in the discussion and promotion of private sector concerns and interests, the national government has accorded the CATA the recognition of being the representative and voice of Cambodia Tourism. It is given a hand in the process of government policy formulation. It reviews tourism policies, and with the interest of the tourism community in mind, CATA works out policy alternatives and conveys them to concerned government agencies. The CATA represents the tourism sector in a number of government bodies tasked with policy formulation and implementation.
2. Opportunity to Participate In CATA Standing Committees
Membership in Committees is a privilege granted only to CATA members. Involvement in CATA committees keeps one abreast of the issues and concerns besetting one's industry or sector. Here, one gets the chance to directly influence the decision-making processes within the organization, which shapes CATA's positions actions on local and international tourism issues.
3. Access to Tourism Business Opportunities
The CATA regularly receives trade, tourism and research inquiries from all over the world. Most of these inquiries come from companies which either are looking for suppliers and buyers or tourism business tie-ups. CATA members may also avail of this service when looking for buyers and suppliers, both local and foreign.
CATA provided the following venues to access tourism business opportunities:
4. Access to Trade and Other Tourism Industry Associations
- Membership Database: The CATA Membership Database is the heart of CATA's business-matching engine and envisioned to be the confluence of tourism contacts in the Cambodia.
- Business Networking: The Business Networking Program creates physical and virtual venues for prospective business parties to meet and do business. The physical venue allows members to do personal networking and to have personal interaction with other businessmen.
The Association also has a wide network of trade and other tourism industry associations which serve as sounding boards on issues and concerns of the respective industries / sectors.
5. Opportunity to Meet and Do Business with Foreign Tourism Partners
The CATA is regularly visited by foreign tourism boards and trade missions. Depending on the area of interest of these visiting officials or businessmen, CATA invites members for meetings to explore possible tie-ups. CATA continually seeks out potential local and foreign tourism business and partners through:
6. Access to Local and International Trainings
- Tourism Missions. CATA regularly sends and receives trade missions and delegations to or from different countries and international institutions. These missions are aimed at exploring possible tie-ups. These visits and bilateral exchanges are fertile sources of contracts from which significant joint ventures grow.
- Business Councils. Business Councils are organized to promote tourism trade and business relations among and between CATA members and members of tourism trade organizations abroad. These councils have the following objectives:
- establishment of closer relations and collaboration through information exchange;
- the organization of seminars, trade missions and exhibitions;
- And the formation of joint business councils.
Through the CATA's extensive links with various local and international government and private institutions, members are provided with first-hand opportunities to attend training programs here and abroad.
7. Information Services
The CATA offers a wide range of information services through various publications such as:
- CATA Hand Book. CATA Hand Book kept the members updated on new tourism policies, foreign and local business opportunities, international trade fairs and events, government regulations, latest statistic and economic indicators and other such enterprise-relevant information.
- Cambodia Travels Agents Directory. CATA publishes the Cambodia Travel Agents Directory annually which contains profiles of member companies, local organizations and other trade associations. This publication is circulated among CATA Members and distributed among government agencies, Foreign Embassies in the Cambodia, Foreign Chambers of Commerce, Business Organizations, as well as to Cambodian Embassies abroad and other relevant institutions.
- CATA Website. The CATA website provides members unlimited 24 x 7 online access to information.
- CATA information through regular emails to all the members.
The CATA also provides a wide range of reference materials on tourism market and product profiles, foreign business reports, trade directories, country profiles and other tourism reports and opportunities available to members at CATA Library & Information Center.
Tell your travel agent where you want to go and when, and they'll search through every conceivable option to find you the best value. And they'll handle all the details. So relax, your holiday dreams will be in the hands of a trusted expert. Contact your CATA Travel Agent before you make your next trip.
The Cambodia Association of Travel Agents (CATA) is a National Tourism Organisation promoting quality standards, service and performance.
CATA works with its members to promote a Code of Ethics and Practice, and to stimulate, encourage and promote the desire to travel.